Wayne State University

Aim Higher

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

F Status

I am a full-time commuting Canadian student. What do I have to do if I want to change to part-time commuter?

Please be proactive in communicating with OISS. Before you drop below full-time course load (12 credits for undergraduates and 8 credits for graduates), you will need to request for a new I-20 that is issued for part-time. You will have to take this initial I-20 to the border to obtain a new stamp and a new I-94 card. Then bring back these documents to OISS.