Wayne State University

Aim Higher

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

F Status

I plan to visit my home country. What do I need to do before I depart?

You must have your I-20 endorsed by an OISS advisor. You should also take a copy of your transcript and/or employment contract (if you are a GRA or GTA). Upon returning to the U.S., you will need to have a valid passport, a valid student visa, and a copy of your financial support.