Wayne State University

Aim Higher

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)


I'm an F-1 or J-1 student, and I had no U.S. earned income or scholarships for 2010. Do I need to file?

Yes. You must still file IRS Form 8843. Dependents in F-2 and J-2 status must also file Form 8843.