Wayne State University

Aim Higher

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)


I only arrived in the U.S. in December of 2010, and I didn't work. Do I still have to file Form 8843?

Yes. If you were in the U.S. even 1 day in 2008, you must at least file Form 8843.