Wayne State University

Aim Higher

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)


I only worked for a very short time in 2010, and I didn't earn very much. Do I still have to file?

Yes. If you had any U.S. source earned income or scholarship, you will need to file IRS Form 1040NR-EZ or Form 1040NR and Form 8843.