Wayne State University

Aim Higher

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)


I'm married and have a child who was born in the U.S. Can I claim personal exemptions for my wife and child?

Generally, no. Only students & scholars from certain countries can claim exemptions for their dependents (Mexico, Canada, Korea, Japan, and India).