Wayne State University

Aim Higher

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)


My young children live with me. Can I claim the Child Care Tax Credit?

Not as a rule. Only those students and scholars in non-resident tax status who are from one of the countries that can claim dependents (Mexico, Canada, Korea, Japan, and India) can claim the Child Care Tax Credit.