Wayne State University

Aim Higher

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)


I have a student ID starting with the numbers 997 or 995 or 999 that looks just like a social security number. Can I use this number as my taxpayer identification number?

No. You must have a valid social security number or an ITIN.