Wayne State University

Aim Higher

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)


I just received my W-2 for the wages I earned in 2010. Can I file my taxes now?

Not necessarily. If you are from a country which has a tax treaty with the U.S., or you received a U.S. based scholarship or fellowship, you may also receive a Form 1042-S from Payroll. This form is generally mailed about a month later than a Form W-2, and you will need to have both forms before you can file.