Wayne State University

Aim Higher

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)


If I owe federal tax, to whom do I make the check payable?

If you owe taxes, make checks payable to United States Treasury. Make sure that your social security number is on the check and that in the memo/remarks section you will write, "For 2008 income taxes."