Wayne State University

Aim Higher

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

F Status

When do I need to receive an OISS Work Authorization?

All new nonimmigrant employees must receive OISS Work Authorization before starting employment.

A new OISS Work Authorization request is necessary anytime a department or campus unit processes a new employment contract or work assignment for a nonimmigrant employee. When in doubt as to whether a new Work Authorization request is necessary, contact OISS.