Wayne State University

Aim Higher

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

F Status

How do I add my spouse as a F-2 dependent?

Complete an application for an I-20, financial document, copy of spouse's passport and marriage certificate and we will add your spouse to your record.

They can then use the new I-20 we issue to either apply for a visa to enter the U.S. in F-2 status or change their status while already in the U.S.