Now that you have arrived -- the OISS
staff wants to meet you. You should complete one of the following mandatory, Immigration 101 and Check-In, sessions:
Winter 2015 Check-In Dates are as follows:
- Tuesday, December 9, 2014 at 10:30am and 1:30pm
- Thursday, December 11, 2014 at 10:30am and 1:30pm
- Tuesday, December 16, 2014 at 10:30am and 1:30pm
- Thursday, December 18, 2014 at 10:30am and 1:30pm
- Tuesday, December 23, 2014 at 10:30am and 1:30pm
- Tuesday, January 6, 2015 at 10:30am and 1:30pm
- Wednesday, January 7, 2015 at 10:30am and 1:30pm
- Thursday, January 8, 2015 at 10:30am and 1:30pm
You only need to attend one session.
Failure to complete the check-in process in a timely manner will result in cancellation/termination of your immigration documents (I-20) and Homeland Security will require you to return to your home country.
Immigration 101 and Check-In will provide you with important information and give you an opportunity to take care of required paperwork such as:
- Purchasing Health Insurance
- Taking your TB test or submitting your waiver and/or proof that you took the test
Please be sure to bring the following to the check-in session:
Your stamped I-20 (F-1 Students) or DS-2019 (J-1 Students)
Your Form I-94
Your Passport. (Canadian Citizens may use an enhanced driver license.)
Your Visa (excluding Canadian Citizens)
Proof of Canadian Citizenship (Canadian citizens only)
Local and foreign contacts. (People to contact in case of an emergency.)
Dependent documents, if your dependents have entered the U.S. with you.
Feel free to contact OISS
at (313) 577-3422 if you require additional information or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. We look forward to seeing you.