Join the Office of International Students & Scholars (OISS) for the 49th Annual Global Festival on Wednesday, September 18, 2019 from 10:30 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. on Gullen Mall near the Undergraduate Library.
This is an exciting event where the Wayne State University and Detroit community celebrates cultural diversity throughout this colorful afternoon. Community members are welcome to stop by to sample various ethnic foods and visit with international student organizations! The event will also be adjoined by the Study Abroad Fair, where you can meet with professors and past study abroad participants to learn about international opportunities at the University.
If you are part of an organization that would like to participate in the Global Festival, you will need the following documents:
- Fill out the Registration Form. If you cannot access the form, please contact Ann Capela at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read the guidelines as outlined in the Participant Handbook.
$28 Single Booth*/With Food; $35 Single Booth*/No Food
$43 Double Booth**/With Food; $50 Double Booth**/No Food
A booth includes a single table at the front for sale of goods, a table in the back for set-up, and two chairs. A double booth includes two tables at the front, two in the back, and four chairs. To pay the booth fee, please click here and go to the "OISS Services and Events."
- All student groups selling food are required to complete Michigan Food Handlers Course at https://michigan.foodhandlerclasses.com/courses in order to register for a booth with food.
- Groups that apply for a booth with food must submit food handler's certificate with the participant registration form.
* A single booth consists of a front table, a back table, and two chairs.
** A double boorh consists of two front tables, two back tables, and four chairs,
All booths are covered.