Please note: US tax regulations are complex. The information contained here and in any linked website is provided solely as a service to the Wayne University community. Wayne State University hereby disclaims all warranties as to the accuracy of such information and shall have no liability of any kind for any use made of such information by any person or organization. Tax advice should be obtained from a competent tax professional.
2020 Tax Season
2020 Tax Workshop
The 2020 Tax Workshop, presented by Global Detroit and Moore Doreen Mayhew, will be held on Friday, February, 19th from 12:00pm to 2:00pm.
Click HERE for the Workshop's Flyer and the registration link.
Sprintax Tax Webinars
In addition to the above workshop, Sprintax, the company providing the tax software, is offering free Tax Webinars throughout the tax season.
These webinars will cover:
- An overview of tax for nonresident students and scholars
- Who must file a 2020 US tax return
- What income forms students/scholars may receive
- Forms that need to be completed and sent to the IRS
- We cover terms like FICA, ITIN and Form 1098-T
- What happens if students don't file, or misfile
- State tax returns
- IRS stimulus payments
- Sprintax software overview
Sprintax Tax Webinar Dates:
- Wednesday, January 20th @ 12pm – Register here
- Wednesday, January 27th @ 1pm – Register here
- Tuesday, February 2nd @ 12pm – Register here
- Wednesday, February 10th @ 11am – Register here
- Thursday, March 4th @ 2pm – Register here
- Monday, March 15th @ 11am – Register here
- Tuesday, March 30th @ 1.30pm – Register here
- Wednesday, April 7th @ 2pm – Register here
- Monday, April 12th @ 12pm – Register here
We have selected Sprintax for tax preparation software. Federal returns and Form 8843 preperations are free. If you choose, you can upgrade your account and also file your State Tax return(s).
2020 Sprintax Access Codes
- 2020 Tax Year Sprintax Access Codes are now available. Click here to request your access code.
- A Sprintax Information/Instruction sheet is available here.
For those students that previously used the GLACIER Tax Prep software you can still login and access your past tax returns.