Transfer from WSU - Student Information
All school transfers and change of educational level at the same school are accomplished by notifying the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS). An adviser in OISS will assist students with these procedures.
NECESSARY CONDITIONS FOR TRANSFERRING SCHOOLS
- you must be a bona fide non-immigrant F-1 student;
- you must have maintained status at the previous school;
- you must intend to pursue a full course of study at the new school;
- you must be financially able to attend the new school; and
- you must be registered full time at the school you wish to transfer
HOW DO I TRANSFER FROM WAYNE STATE UNIVERSITY
F-1 students should notify the OISS of their plans to transfer and complete the F-1 Transfer Out Form and bring this form to OISS along with the requested documentation outlined in the form. After the form is reviewed the OISS Advisor will transfer you out using the release date on the transfer form.
- Bring the form to OISS to be reviewed by an OISS Advisor.
- After you have been released, your new school will have access to your SEVIS record.
- Effective September 5, 2006, new students who entered the U.S. on a WSU I-20 must attend one semester at WSU before transferring out to another school.
You must report to the new school within 15 days of the program start date listed in Section 5 of your Form I-20. After the form is reviewed the OISS advisor will transfer you out using the release date on the transfer form.
OPT WILL BE CANCELED UPON TRANSFER RELEASE DATE
Please note that in the recent past, a student on OPT could transfer to another school and there OPT would not be cancelled until they were registered in SEVIS. Now, a student’s OPT will automatically be cancelled once the release date has been reached. You can visit the ICE FAQs at http://www.ice.gov/sevis/f_1_transfers.htm