New Scholar/Employee Orientation
Scholars who are new hires in Wayne State University in H-1B, H1-B1, J-1, TN, O-1, and E-3 must attend new scholar orientation.
New scholar orientation is held weekly either on Monday at 9:00 a.m. and Thursday at 2 p.m. in the OISS conference room. Please be sure to arrive at the OISS office at least 15 minutes before the start of the session.
Please bring the following:
- Original immigration documents
- In cases of a J-1 Exchange Visitor: will have to purchase federally mandated health insurance for you and your J-2 dependents.
- A credit card (American Express, Discover, MasterCard, or Visa) or a checking account, drawn on an American bank, to make the required $50 WSU Administrative SEVIS fee, via our online payment system. This payment may be made ahead of time, by following these steps:
- Go to the online payment site: https://commerce.cashnet.com/WSUOISSSA
- Click on "OISS Services and Events"
- Select "SEVIS Fee"
- Enter the requested information
- Click "Add to Basket"
- Click "Checkout"
- Provide the payment information
- Print a copy of your receipt to bring to check-in
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the OISS office at OISSscholars@wayne.edu or 313-577-3422.