E3 Status

Australian Worker in a Specialty Occupation

The E-3 is a visa category only for Australians coming to the U.S. to work temporarily in a specialty occupation.

This classification currently applies only to nationals of Australia as well as their spouses and children. E-3 principal applicants must be coming to the United States solely to work in a specialty occupation. The spouse and children need not be Australian citizens. However the U.S. does not recognize De Facto relationships or same-sex Civil Partnerships for the purposes of immigration, and to qualify as a spouse you will need a marriage certificate from the Department of Births, Deaths and Marriages.

Please visit the U. S. Embassy in Australia's website for more information.  (Direct link to E-3 Visas)


E-3 Applications: no earlier than 6 months in advance but no later than 1 1/2 month prior to the status expiration date/start of employment.

E-3 Treaty Alien in a Special Occupation
E-3: Information and Application Package
E-3 (#1): Checklist
E-3 (#2): Request Form Part A (To be completed by WSU employing department)
E-3 (#3): Request Form Part B (To be completed by foreign national)
E-3 (#4): Actual Wage Worksheet