Fall 2021 Check-In
Fall 2021 check-in sessions will be held on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays between August 2, 2021 and September 3, 2021.
Sign-up for the Fall check-in sessions is now available via the link below.
All Fall check-in sessions will be held online.
NOTE: You will not be able to sign up for a check-in session until AFTER you have arrived in the U.S. as you will not have all of the necessary documentation until then.
In order to register for a session you will need to complete the check-in form.
To complete the check-in form you will need the following information:
- Address where you will be staying while in the U.S.
- If you don't have your permanent address, i.e. you are waiting for a room assignment, etc., you can complete check-in using the address you are currently staying at, and update your address once you receive it.
- If you know what your address will be, but haven't been able to move in yet, you can either enter the address you are currently at, or what your address will be.
- Home address in your home country
- Emergency contact information for both someone in the U.S. and in your home country
- If you don't have an emercency contact in the U.S. you can select to provide one later
- Copy of current Passport
- Copy of current Visa
- Wayne State I-20 or DS-2019
- Copy of Most Recent I-94
- Most international visitors have a full have an electronic I-94, that can be printed from the I-94 website (https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home)
- If you've crossed into the U.S. from Canada at the bridge or tunnel, you probably received a paper I-94 that was stapled into your passport.
- Copy of Travel History
- Your Travel History can be obtained from the I-94 website (https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home). If you haven't traveled to the U.S. before, then you may not have a travel history.
- Previous institution information, if you are transferring your SEVIS record to Wayne State
Be prepared to upload copies of your passport, visa, I-94, and travel history (if any).
Copies of the most recent Immigration 101 presentations can be downloaded below: