Transfer To WSU - Student Information
All school transfers and change of educational level at the same school are accomplished by notifying the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS). An adviser in OISS will assist students with these procedures.
NECESSARY CONDITIONS FOR TRANSFERRING SCHOOLS
- you must be a bona fide non-immigrant F-1 student;
- you must have maintained status at the previous school;
- you must intend to pursue a full course of study at the new school;
- you must be financially able to attend the new school; and
- you must be registered full time at the school you wish to transfer
HOW DO I TRANSFER TO WAYNE STATE UNIVERSITY?
You must present the following information to an OISS adviser within the first 15 days after classes begin:
- Form I-20 issued by Wayne State signed by you.
Once you arrive in OISS to see an Advisor, the Advisor will make note of your report date, and complete your transfer by registering you in SEVIS. A new I-20 will be ready for you 10 days after your visit to OISS.