Immigration & Visa Forms


A citizen of a foreign country who seeks to enter the United States (U.S.) generally must first obtain a U.S. visa, which is placed in the traveler's passport.

Having a U.S. visa allows you to travel to a port of entry, airport or land border crossing, and request permission from a Customs and Border Protection (CBP) inspector to enter the U.S. While having a visa does not automatically guarantee entry to the U.S., it does indicate a consular officer at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate abroad has determined you are eligible to seek entry for that specific purpose. CBP inspectors, guardians of the nation's borders, are responsible for admission of travelers to the U.S., for a specified status and period of time. CBP is managed by the Department of Homeland Security, (DHS) who also has responsibility for immigration matters while you are present in the U.S..

See the U.S. Department of State's Travel Information site for more details.

More information on the different visas and immigration forms from OISS can be obtained from the following link below.